Uric acid is formed in the body of the human beings as a result of the breakdown of foods containing purines. The problem starts to occur when the body is not able to throw it out fast enough, or the body creates an excessive amount of uric acid. These remains of the uric acid turn into crystals and are deposited in the joints causing pain, swelling, and discomfort.
There are a number of good ways to deal with the problems of uric acid.
Modifications in the Diet
- You should limit the intake of meat, poultry, seafood and sugary foods since these foods can elevate the levels of uric acid in the blood.
- Instead, you should consume green vegetables and fruits which keep the formation of uric acid in the body under control.
Drink Lots of Water
- You should drink at least three to four liters of water daily which flushes out the excess uric acid from the body.
- You should also take lots of other fluids as well which helps in flushing out the toxins from the body
Uric Acid Supplement
- The uric acid supplement is very good in reducing the formation of uric acid in the body.
- At the same time, these supplements are also very effective in throwing out the excess uric acid from the body.
Vitamin C Intake
- You should consume foods rich in vitamin C for reducing uric acid in the body.
- The vitamin C helps in the disintegration of uric acid and flushing it out of the body.